Feeling sad, unmotivated, anxious, and overwhelmed from time to time is something most people experience. But when these emotions take over your life, it can be a sign you need extra support.
If you regularly have thoughts like:
• I am worthless and can’t do anything about it
• I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep, and be alone
• I hate who I am these days
• I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others
• I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands
• My life and the world around me are dark. I hate this, but I can’t change it
Or if you frequently experience three or more of these symptoms:
• Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
• Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
• Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
• Increased or heavy sweating
• Trembling or muscle twitching
• Weakness or lethargy
• Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
• Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
…you may be experiencing depression.
Not only can I give you tools and techniques to help you manage your symptoms, I can also help you understand the true source of your struggles.
Together, we can come up with practical actions you can take to directly address what’s really keeping you down. My psychodynamic approach could be especially beneficial if you haven’t had long-term success addressing these issues with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.